Feb 22, 2011

Centering but once again

As one prepares for yet another step into the development of one's character I am reminded of the slip ups, the tumbles, and the tears. I am reminded that there were always dear friends to pick up the pieces and dust one's skin off as gently as wiping a babies soft round bottom. I am reminded that the most growth happened during these times of turmoil.

And here the one (maw ah... me) lands knowing that every step has guided me to this moment of new growth. I have no clue whether this next big venture will work in the scheme of things but I do know that it might provide a place of comfort for some, that we might have some snorts and giggles together as a community, that we might sense some unity and love as we gather through drink, good chatter, and some delicious treats and that art will surround us.

Yes, soon within the next month or two we (as in the community and I) will start our new adventure together. We will piece together a shell of beauty and warmth filled with great art, good stories, creative writing, relaxing moments, time zones to honor our youth and seniors, and of course great coffee or drink.

I am scared, anxious, nervous... but when I feel very alone in this venture I am reminded that I'm not alone.. thank you to all for their offers and wise wisdom. You will be called upon when I am weak. Also my goal for the coffee shop/art gallery is not to provide competition as much as to offer help to all as we travel this leg of life during difficult times in economy and troubles. Community projects (such as our wonderful garden in Lincoln) heal and provide companionship. Working together not against each other provides joy and laughter of which we all need.

The name of this new venture: "Roasted: Delectable Art and Coffee"

We will provide a teen center two nights a week, a quiet haven for all to gather for conversation, games, reading, study areas, and quiet. We will rotate art so that new visions will appear and art classes will be offered for all. We will have art supplies available on quiet back tables for those that feel the need to create. And eventually we hope to have a wall of history on Lincoln and Montana.

I send love to all,

Annie

No comments: