Feb 8, 2016

Fortunate




As a child I was fortunate. The land was my constant companion. 
The soft beds of Big Sandy Creek sheltered my feet and soothed my legs. Delights hid in the murky water... snapping turtles, large catfish, and frog eyes bulging with expectancy. 
Insects buzzed, landed, moved on...
The Dragonfly spoke a language of crisp erratic flight. Silently the wings sounded like rice paper 
crinkling ever so slightly in the air currents 
a sketchy rhythm at best. 
Sunlight filtered through the cloudy water
allowing life to peak through 
in ribbons of clarity...
there was always hope.

   
As I rise with the morning sun this word "Hope", 
these childhood memories, 
allow me to breathe.

Step onto the land
Walk beside, or within, the stream bed.

Leave the noise behind 
it is my saving grace. 

When bare feet touch the earth, I no longer have to be in charge.
When my eyes view the sun cresting a ridge, appearing to kiss the mountain top, 
I no longer have to be in control. 

Clouded thoughts, joys & troubles
disappear within the fresh air of a new day upon mother earth. 
It does not matter what my name is, who my ancestors were, where I exist in life, and how many disappointments have come and gone...
They disappear as I sit on the side of a mountain peering across a vast sky.

Life just simply is,
I
am
 simply better for it. 
Mother Nature rocks, holds, and washes my fears away.
I am equal and connected to the earth and every living thing.




 





No comments: